Monday, September 15, 2008

Twig Project Precedent


This is the precedent for my twig project. I am inspired to create a sanctuary/enclosure for my twigs. In particular, I like how the rich color inside this antique jewelry box is used to make special whatever is inside it. I also like the craftsmanship that allows the top to fit into the bottom. The feet on this jewelry box provide a level of elevation that takes it into the sanctuary realm. However, there are conditions to this project, which would make the exact reproduction of this box (even if it were possible for me to do) inappropriate. First, I am designing a place for 12 specific twigs. This is a box for anything precious. My design challenge is to make my place clearly for my specific 12 twigs. Also, I need to make the number 12 of evident importance in my design. I can also only use one binding agent and paper, so both of these materials are going to need to contribute to the ornamentation of the project.

No comments: