Friday, September 19, 2008

More in class Drawings

Here is my second posting of in class drawings.

We spent some time focusing on drawing negative space. The space not taken up by the object, first of a chairand then of an upside down bicycle
Both of the above assignments were extremely challenging!


Unlike our negative space assignments, I found the below assignment to draw the cross contour of a chair to be fun. I also think that it may have helped my contour drawing in general.






I also enjoyed drawing the rain boots below. We began class by having everyone wearing rain boots on this very rainy day take them off and place them on a table in the center of the room. This drawing exercise helped me regain focus for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

uncg interior architecture said...

The way you handled the negative space bike drawing is highly effective. You didn't draw the object as a whole, but defined the parts that make it recognizable. Keep this up, try to develop that style, it is a very successful and economic method of communication. Great job!