Thursday, September 11, 2008

In Class Drawings

The past 2 weeks we have been doing a lot of drawing in class. Below are some of my favorites.

This is a drawing of my hand that I did in class. I was very focussed (i.e. well rested) that day. I've decided not to attempt to finish it until I am in a similar state.


The above are partial blind contour drawings of models (some of my TAs). Partial blind contour drawings are when one draws the lines of what one see without (this is the kicker) looking at ones paper while drawing. I like them. They are expressive depictions, even though they lack visual accuracy.


I also liked one in class exercise where we were instructed to draw an unknown object with out looking at it, but by instead by feeling it (above). Then we were able to look at the object and draw it again (below).

No comments: