In approaching our unity assignment, I experimented with using the skewer rods and Bristol board plans to make interesting components that I could put together into a unified whole. In constructing my whole I thought about incorporating spacing to create a sense of unity. Below is the first model that I constructed.


In the model above, the two sides are different in construction than the bottom. The construction of this model is also less stable than it could be. Thus, I created the model below.


In the model above each of the 3 sides is identical. The Bristol board planes now rest on the skewers rods, instead of just being glued to each other. This increases the overall stability of the model, as well as increases visual interest. The feedback I received concerning this model was positive. However, it was suggested that I work to create a more unified whole or sense of oneness while also making less static. Thus, I began to experiment with a number of components. I was aiming for some form that would not be segmented into 2 parts as my above model was, but that would also incorporate a sense of movement. Below are some components that I experimented with using.



I moved from
sandwiching rods between planes to actually weaving the planes in and out of the rods and vice
versa.
Structurally, I tired both triangular, and square forms, before constructing my final model.
I also used sketches to help me fine tune my concept.



No comments:
Post a Comment