With time quickly ticking away, Our site plan (pictured above) was truly a group effort. One group member did the dimensions of the medium and the trees. I did half of the concrete pieces on the pathways edge. Another group member finished the pathway edge and did the title and scale.There was also a large drawing of the whole site plan, based on the site plan that I created during the research phase of this project. I drew the site plan for the Oasis area onto this drawing.

Each member of the class was also responsible for drawing a plan drawing and a Section drawing of one of the pieces that they created. I drew one of our pieces that came from a lime green plastic drawer organizer (pictured below). I choose this piece because I remembered scooping concrete into it twice. In one of those instances, I also helped mix the concrete.

In my drawings I differentiated between the rougher top texture and the smoother side texture of the pieces.The presentation group constructed a beautiful exhibit.



The exhibit had all the drawings discussed above, matching scale models created by each group, process pictures, and even aggregate samples.
On the day of the presentation the Oasis group still had much to do. We realized that our individual site plan was oriented upside down. All the lettering had to be erased and rewritten. Other group members had to transport all our pieces to our site. Then, we had to arrange the pieces as we had planned. We were quite pleased with the finished look.




Overall our design was well received by the panel of critics, and by the rest of the class.
No comments:
Post a Comment